Drive an Integrated Approach to Patient Advocacy through Patient Engagement, Public Policy Education, and Stakeholder Collaboration
In its 7th year, the Patient Advocacy summit provides an opportunity for pharmaceutical manufacturers to join together with patient groups, patient leaders, and policy makers to discuss ways to tackle the complexities of patient advocacy and the health care market. As the role of Advocacy continues to advance, an organization's advocacy strategy must represent the voice of the patient during drug development, clinical trials, product market access, commercialization, public policy and legislative efforts, as well as ensure robust engagement and education of our patient populations.
- Gain insight into the recent FDA patient-focused drug development guidance's
- Collaborate with patient advocacy groups to empower patient representation across the entire product lifecycle
- Develop key performance indicators and metrics to demonstrate the value of advocacy initiatives
- Learn from multiple, high-level case studies on legislation and public policy successes to gain insights that can be directly implemented in your advocacy initiatives
- Participate in brainstorming sessions that allow for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and the opportunity to collaborate with leading advocacy professionals on key initiatives and strategies for internal alignment and external engagement
- Network and create a community among stakeholders representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, advocacy organizations, and government agencies
Chief Medical Officer
Office of the Regional Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President
As Part of the Patient Congress
2019 Speaker Faculty Includes:
Acting Director, Professional Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement
You Can't Miss The Advocacy Summit for Collaboration and Knowledge Share with Pharma, Patients, Patient Groups and More!
- Enjoy several high-level case studies giving attendees obtainable strategies that can be directly implemented into patient Advocacy strategy including defining advocacy's role in policy, education, and engagement as well as a review of top legal considerations to safeguard compliant collaboration
- Partake in multiple joined plenary sessions to break down silos including multi-stakeholder collaboration to deliver a better patient experience and FDA insight to effectively engage the patient voice in advocacy, adherence, and clinical trials
- Join think-tank sessions allowing for the opportunity to connect with leading minds in advocacy and discuss both internal and external engagement best practices let you take advantage of the familiar collaboration that takes place on-site
- Explore forward-thinking sessions around social media, health apps, and forums as well as positioning messaging to convey the value of advocacy to take your advocacy function to the next level
- Listen to successes in public policy and legislation efforts as the advocacy function continues to grow and more initiatives are being push to ensure patients are at the forefront of the healthcare system
New for 2019:
Chief Patient, Medical, and Commercial Officer Roundtable
Explore Key Insights from C-suite leaders from Pfizer, CSL Behring, Novo Nordisk, Leo Pharma and More To Design Your Patient Advocacy Strategy To Improve The Patient Experience, Access, and Support.
CMS Policy Update
Barbara Connors, Chief Medical Officer, CMS Gives An Update To Recent Medicare Part D Changes And Future CMS Priorities For Value-Based Care.
FDA and Patient Advocacy Group Insights
Hear Directly From the FDA on Recent Patient Focused Drug Development Guidance’s and from Leading Advocacy Groups Such as NORD, American Cancer Society, National Patient Advocate Foundation and more on opportunities for collaboration!
Patient-Led Keynote Sessions
Hear First-Hand Patient Stories From Patient Leaders Including A Keynote From Nicole Hemmenway, Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Pain Foundation. Enjoy Panel Discussions and Content Created Directly from Patient Leaders and Leading Advocacy Groups!
Patient-Choice Awards Ceremony
Your Pass Includes Access To The Patient-Choice Awards, Where 30 Patient Leaders Recognize Innovative Pharma Collaborations And Programs That Demonstrate Measurably Better And More Transparent Health Outcomes and Promote a Better Patient Experience.
Patient Experience Credits Available!
Distinguish Yourself As a Patient Experience Leader by Attending Our Sessions for Continuing Education Credit for The Beryl Institute Certificate Program In Patient Experience Leadership!
Access to Two Additional Summits!
Your Ticket Includes Access To The Entire Patient Congress. Tailor Your Onsite Experience by Exploring The Co-Located Patient Engagement and Adherence and Rare Disease Market Access and Commercialization Summits!
The Networking Party
Join 200+ leaders for Music, Fun Pictures, and Drinks to network with leading pharma executives and multi-stakeholders!
We are Patients Included Accredited
Are you an Industry leader with Breakthrough Solutions?
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Fantastic speakers, thought provoking discussions and phenomenal content by far the best conference I've been to in a long long time
–Director Digital Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing Excellence & Innovation, Merck
World Congress Summit on Patient Advocacy is a well-managed conference that assembles the movers and shakers in Patient Advocacy from a variety of advocate groups, biopharma and life sciences. Well done!
The Summit always does a great job of covering the key issues Patients, Pharma and Advocacy are facing.
–Patient Advocate Foundation
Very interactive, high-level discussions and relevant agenda topics made this congress valuable time spent
–Director, Advocacy and Alliance Development, GSK
A strategic plan is essential to develop a platform within an organization and ensure partnerships are addressing the patients' needs while developing metrics to highlight these partnerships positively impacting our business. Executives need to understand the benefits of advocacy relations and collaborations as the metrics are not always directly applicable to short term business also there are many benefits outside of a proposal once trust and credibility is built between organizations.
–Alissa Heizler-Mendoza, MA, RD, CDE, Senior Director of Advocacy, Insulet Corporation
Patient Advocacy Summit is an important opportunity to share best practices and learn from others who share the same passion and commitment to patients. Each year I have learned golden nuggets that I could take and apply immediately to my work. Furthermore, I am always reinvigorated by the passion and purpose of those working in this industry.
–Tonya A. Winders, President and CEO, Allergy & Asthma Network, President , Global Allergy & Asthma Patient Platform
We often ask patient advocacy groups to collaborate, but do not challenge ourselves to do the same. The Summit is a wonderful opportunity for us to break down silos, share best practice and identify opportunities to do more for the patients we serve
–Martha Orzechowski, Global Director, Oncology Patient Group Relations, AstraZeneca
The uncertainty and change in our healthcare system requires patient advocacy professionals to remain up to date on the policies and issues that impact patient care. Attending the Summit provides the opportunity to learn about key issues that may impact patient advocacy, as well as network with other advocacy professionals.
–Sheryl Lapidus, Director Corporate Affiars, Tesaro Bio