TRANSFORMING OUR IMPACT ON HEALTH CARE DELIVERY
- Showcase the benefits of early palliative intervention in serious illness as a basis for improving health care delivery
- Improve the understanding of how palliative care can set standards for positive outcomes in value-based care
- Determine the resources necessary to create a successful telehealth model and explore its impact on palliative care
- Ensure palliative care successfully bridges the transition to hospice and other services beyond the hospital
- Discuss hospice guidelines and explore Medicare's pilot program of "open hospice"
- Review how to address the palliative care provider shortage by discussing the need for primary palliative care, what it entails, and explore an innovative primary palliative care training program
- Evaluate how to best incorporate patients' and caregivers values and preferences into care plans throughout the course of an illness in order to effectively optimize patient care