August 11, 2020 • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Most adults do not realize that oral health is connected to one's overall health- physically and mentally. This is more important now than ever before in the era of COVID-19, particularly in mental and dental health. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey showed that almost two thirds of people with depression reported having a toothache in the last year. And half of the people with depression rated their teeth condition as fair or poor. Therefore, as anxiety increases, we not only need mental health resources but additional dental resources as well. Beyond mental health, poor oral health has ties to our overall health as well.
90%+ of all systemic diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, and Alzheimer’s have oral manifestations. Additionally, another cause of concern is that over 65% of adults have stated that they have not been to the dentist in the last year and more than 33% say they do not visit the dentist at all due to inconvenience. During COVID-19, there are several ways to stay safe and provide dentistry services for employees. During this webinar, we will discuss effective on-site and teledentistry services that can help employees - whether they are remote or back in the office.
- Discover how oral health is tied to overall health
- Understand some of the symptoms/signs of poor oral health
- Assess how dental impacts one's mental and physical health
- Discuss the importance of integrating dentistry within employee wellness programs
- Gain strategies to efficiently complement dental benefits with other programs offered to employees
- Learn how to implement safe on-site dental care and teledentistry offerings