FastFive – December 2018
Senior Sourcing Specialist
North America Travel, Fleet & Meetings Strategy Lead
1. What is the most inventive meeting you have attended?
I think the most inventive I have attended was put on by Business Travel News because of the unique agenda and interactive Q & A sessions. It was focused on innovations so they do a contest for “startup companies”, they have a panel of judges who award the winning new innovative idea, but they have an audience favorite and breakout sessions where you do a deep dive into new products or services.
2. Where is your favorite location for a meeting?
Smaller towns that allow for walking from hotel to a venue outside the hotel, with time for a few city tours, USA: Charleston, Europe: Antwerp Belgium
3. What is your proudest career achievement to date?
Recognition and acceptance from colleagues and stakeholders. Feeling that there is a level of trust so you can “cut to the chase” and be efficient. Winning BCDTravel’s “Circle of Excellence” award.
4. What strategies do you use for dealing with event stress?
My personal way of dealing with work related stress is to stop multi-tasking and start focusing on one thing at a time. Also Yoga in the morning, and swimming whenever I can.
5. Which social media platform is most effective for you and why?
Linkedin – because I like following what friends in the industry post.