FastFive – July 2017
Senior Manager, Global Procurement, Meeting/Conference Sourcing
Allergan USA, Inc.
1. What was your favorite professional achievement of 2016?
Due to M&A activity the book of business I manage from a sourcing perspective increased by 350% from 2015 to 2016. The ability to keep afloat and manage such an increase was a significant achievement.
2. What story in our industry impacted you the most in 2016 and why?
That’s a layup: the Treasury Department’s rule change blocking Allergan’s union with Pfizer. Allergan is now committed to moving forward as a stand-alone, branded bio-pharma company, ensuring a need for my role and overall team expansion.
3. Who was a mentor for you and what is a bit of their advice/instruction you often refer to?
Adrian Drew, Executive Director, Sales Operations, C.O.E., Allergan. He gave me the opportunity to move from the third-party world to the Corporate side, giving me the keys to the then Forest Labs venue sourcing shop and letting me run with it. He has a total 360 degree view of the industry, is tough and fair and transparent and ethical and a friend and a mentor and likes to work hard and play hard; just like I do.
4. What are your top 3 favorite cities to visit and why?
5. Tell us your stage name. It's the name of your first pet (first name) + the name of the first street you lived on (last name)
- Ocean City, NJ – Being a Jersey Shore raised beach guy, it’s a no brainer.
- Bronx, NY – A former season ticket holder, old Yankee Stadium was my favorite place on earth.
- East Rutherford, NJ – Home of the New York Football Giants.
Brian began his career 20+ years ago working at the Krisam Group, a hotel sales and marketing company. He joined WorldTravel Meetings & Incentives on-site at Warner-Lambert as a Sourcing Manager in 1999, staying through the Pfizer acquisition. In 2006, he joined Maritz Travel on-site at Schering-Plough to develop their International sourcing department.
Following Merck’s acquisition of Schering in 2010, he joined the Maritz team on-site at Novartis to develop an international sourcing department there. He moved to Forest Laboratories, Inc. in November, 2013 as Manager, Global Procurement, Meeting/Conference Sourcing, overseeing the company’s venue sourcing program. Promoted to Senior Manager in 2017, he continues in that role following the acquisition of Allergan.