FastFive – October 2017
Director of Sales, Global Meetings & Events, Strategic Meetings Management
World Travel, Inc
1. What story in our industry impacted you the most in 2016/2017 and why?
There are many stories that have made an impact over the last couple years; however, this summer Skift released an article I greatly enjoyed – “Meeting Planners are Struggling with the Fast Evolution of Event Technology.” This shed great light on the technology struggles in our industry. Technology is everchanging, and with the pressure of consumer technology, the events industry is trying to catch up and this topic is top of mind with many industry professionals.
2. What advice would you give your younger self?
Be patient – time goes by faster than you can ever imagine, so appreciate every little moment.
3. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
4. What does your current “just get it done” playlist look like?
A mixture of rock & edm – anything from Journey to Avicii.
5. What’s your favorite city and why?
Philadelphia – Not only because I grew up right outside the city, but it’s also incredibly walkable, historical, and filled with fantastic restaurants for foodies.