Hear firsthand about CMMI’s value-based initiatives and the best practices that are working in the current system.
- Assess provider accountability, current innovative payment and delivery initiatives, and a greater focus on at-risk primary care models
- Discuss where innovation is happening and how an organization can participate and speed the adoption of best practices
- Examine the future of data sharing and collaboration across the care continuum
Senior Physician Advisor, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (invited)
Leading payer organizations lend insight into their goals for value-based contractual partnerships with providers and manufacturers.
- Explore how payers perceive value and the quality and outcome metrics they want to incentivize for reimbursement
- Hear examples of the successes and challenges faced as payers, providers, and manufacturers participate in more value-based contracts
Population health leaders from leading organizations engage in a revealing discussion on the challenges and issues they confronted while designing and implementing successful APMs.
- Discuss favorable market conditions, partnership development, and collaboration strategies
- Learn why a health system or medical group chose these models, including:
- Medicare ACO
- Medicare Advantage
- Commercial shared-risk arrangements
- Bundled/Episode-based payments
- Direct-to-Employer contracting
- Hear about challenges faced and steps to mitigate issues during implementation
- Discuss what’s next for the evolution of chosen models
Medical Director, Quality and Payment
American Academy of Family Physicians
President and Executive Medical Director
UNC Health Alliance and UNC Senior Alliance
Vice President, Population Health Management
Duke University Health System
Examine ways a RWE strategy can be used to provide product insights from clinical development through commercialization.
- Develop an end-to-end evidence management strategy to establish differentiation and a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Align appropriate data sources and methodologies with RWE goals
- Collaborate with colleagues across the product lifecycle – from the pre-clinical stages onward - to enable effective deployment of your RWE strategy
Vice President, Global Head, Real-Word Evidence and Clinical Outcomes
Unpack the nuances of value-based purchasing payments and the FDA’s Real-World Evidence program to support evidence generation and evaluate the use of Real-world data and evidence in regulatory decisions.
- Analyze the requirements of the Real-World Evidence Program under the 21st Century Cures Act and its impact on clinical, commercial and medical use of real-world data as well as opportunities for new drug development
- Explore how to leverage real-world insights to establish value-based contracts
Head, Federal Payment Policy & State Government Affairs/Alliance Development
Discuss ways to enhance the use of RWD in clinical research and discover ways that RWD has the potential to transform drug development.
- Use RWD to inform clinical trial design and execution
- Identify new ways identify ways RWD and RWE can accelerate patient-centered drug development
Executive Vice President, Research and Development, Chief Medical Officer
Beyond Spring Pharmaceuticals
Explore the role of data in value-based contracting with payers and opportunities to drive consensus on data metrics and requirements within a risk-sharing agreement.
- Identify emerging data metrics that payers are seeking when contracting with manufacturers
- Discuss how payers and manufacturers are cooperating to share data
Vice President, US Medical Affairs, Customer Engagement, Value, Evidence and Outcomes
Scientific evidence of a product’s ability to improve patient outcomes and effectiveness in real-world settings must be shown through RWD, and/or in the case of a launch, convincing clinical data. Share ways to develop a RWE strategy to demonstrate product value to payers.
- Explore the data and metrics that payers are looking for when contracting with manufacturers
- Discuss how to incorporate real world and clinical data to outcome measures in value-based contracts
Vice President, Global Medical Epidemiology & Big Data Analysis Lead