Calling all health care stakeholders. Join us to hear a firsthand account of CMMI’s current initiatives, future program directions, and the role NQF is playing to ensure that performance measurement lives up to its potential to help organizations achieve the Quadruple Aim in the ever-changing, value-based landscape. Examples of where innovation is happening and lessons learned will be shared from both perspectives. Learn practical considerations that will help you spur the changes you need in multi-payer, value-based arrangements.
President and Chief Executive Officer
National Quality Forum
Senior Advisor and Medical Officer
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Leading payer organizations lend insight into their goals for value-based contractual partnerships with providers and manufacturers.
- Explore how payers perceive value and the quality and outcome metrics they want to incentivize for reimbursement
- Hear examples of the successes and challenges faced as payers, providers, and manufacturers participate in more value-based contracts
Associate Vice President, Market/Industry Insights, Chief Medical Organization
Senior Medical Director, Value-based Care and Innovation
UPMC Health Plan
Population health leaders from leading organizations engage in a revealing discussion on the challenges and issues they confronted while designing and implementing successful APMs.
- Discuss favorable market conditions, partnership development, and collaboration strategies
- Learn why a health system or medical group chose these models, including:
- Medicare ACO
- Medicare Advantage
- Commercial shared-risk arrangements
- Bundled/Episode-based payments
- Direct-to-Employer contracting
- Hear about challenges faced and steps to mitigate issues during implementation
- Discuss what’s next for the evolution of chosen models
Medical Director, Quality and Payment
American Academy of Family Physicians
Vice President, Population Health Management
Duke University Health System
Vice President, Business Development & Performance Management
UNC Health Alliance
Senior Director, Medical Affairs Statistics
Unpack the nuances of value-based purchasing payments and the FDA’s Real-World Evidence program to support evidence generation and evaluate the use of Real-world data and evidence in regulatory decisions.
- Discuss the importance of use of RWE in state and federal regulatory and legislative policy decision making
- The requirements of the Real-World Evidence Program under the 21st Century Cures Act as it relates to Medicare Administrative Contractors and Coverage Decisions
- RWE impact on Medicare National Coverage Decisions
- Explore how to leverage real-world insights from a state and federal policy perspective to establish value-based contracts and policy proposals around manufacturer rebates
Director, Federal Executive Branch Strategy
There are many ways to generate evidence using RWD and gaining access to global RWD. Understand a new way to leverage global RWD and analytics to generate observational studies result to prove the safety and efficacy of a product in patient populations.
- Identify RWD sources available in the OHDSI network
- Develop a single analysis that can be run across RWD from several countries
- Understand OHDSI tools available to generate evidence
Vice President, Real World Solutions
Discuss ways to enhance the use of RWD in clinical research and discover ways that RWD has the potential to transform drug development.
- Use RWD to inform clinical trial design and execution
- Identify new ways identify ways RWD and RWE can accelerate patient-centered drug development
Executive Vice President, Research and Development, Chief Medical Officer
Beyond Spring Pharmaceuticals
Data will underpin the future value-based reimbursement model and is a critical component of value-based contracts. However, there are many barriers to accessing and analyzing the appropriate data to measure patient outcomes and metrics for these contracts. During this session we will:
- Explore emerging metrics that payers are looking for when contracting with manufacturers and their expectations of “value”
- Discuss approaches to accessing, analyzing and sharing the data necessary to support VBCs
- Explore opportunities to streamline the entire VBC process from contract design to operations to help make these agreements more mainstream
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Examine ways a RWE strategy can be used to provide product insights from clinical development through commercialization.
- Develop an end-to-end evidence management strategy to establish differentiation and a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Align appropriate data sources and methodologies with RWE goals
- Collaborate with colleagues across the product lifecycle – from the pre-clinical stages onward - to enable effective deployment of your RWE strategy
Vice President, Global Head, Real-Word Evidence and Clinical Outcomes