Explore innovative solutions that manufacturers are creating to tackle copay accumulator programs and other affordability barriers in order to continually assist patients.
- Uncover innovative solutions that can help with patient affordability challenges
- Discuss the pros and cons of a debit card strategy manufacturers are using
- Hear about innovative subscription models for uninsured patients
Due to the withdrawal of the rebate rule, the Trump administration is shifting its focus to the use of an international pricing index model to cap US payments for physician-administered drugs. CMS has issued an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking to leverage the international pricing index model for Medicare Part B drugs. Understand the mechanics of the international pricing index model on the US pharmaceutical drug pricing model as well as international markets.
- Gain insight into proposals from CMS and the Trump Administration regarding the use of International Pricing Index Models
- Understand the impact of the international drug pricing model of Medicare Part B drugs
Director, Public Policy
As drug pricing continues to remain in the news headlines, manufacturers need to develop a plan to communicate the pricing process, educate patients on the purpose of the list price, and ensure price transparency. Discuss key considerations when creating a communications plan around product price and access to ensure your organization can confidently stand behind price changes and best describe patient access initiatives.
- Ensure compliance to communications guidelines
- Maintain drug price transparency governance
In an effort to reduce high patient out-of-pocket costs, lawmakers have increased restrictions on the incorporation of copay accumulators and maximizers into the health plans’ benefit design. Manufacturers will need to incorporate the impact of copays on the overall cost (including the list price) of specialty drugs within drug pricing strategies.
- Understand how copays and rebates affect the drug pricing strategy and patient out-of-pocket costs
- Explore the impact of copay accumulators on health benefit design
- Gain insight in the role copays play in current drug pricing conversations
Research Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Social Sciences, Buehler Center for Health Policy & Economics, Feinberg School of Medicine