Health care increasingly is focusing on the patient experience and human-centric care. Kristen Terlizzi spent two months postpartum in the hospital due to complications of placenta accreta, a life threatening pregnancy complication requiring attentive multidisciplinary care. Hear Kristen’s story of how a severe maternal event can still have a positive patient experience.
Maternal Health Advocate; Co-Founder
National Accreta Foundation
Hear how leaders from providers and plans are engaging consumers in the digital age.
President, Senior Products
Tufts Health Plan
Senior Vice President; Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing, Digital Strategy, and Consumer Experience
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Senior Vice President and Chief Consumer Officer
Chief Patient Experience Officer
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Technology is a vital part of an organization’s capabilities and success in leveraging emerging technologies can improve access to health care services and information, as well as drive affordability. Discover how deploying technology and data-driven solutions will positively impact consumers’ lives, improve health care experiences, and drive meaningful change in the health care industry.
Divisional Senior Vice President, Head of Applications
Health Care Service Corporation
As the health care industry goes through digital transformations and move to value-based care, organizations need to redesign their workflow to connect employee-driven change and technology to better understand consumer needs.
- Discover how other industries are leveraging technology advancements and human-centered change to deliver exceptional experiences
- Apply successes and failures learned from other industries, who have navigated disruptive transformations, to health care
Executive Vice President, Chief Digital Officer
Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
Align the healthcare continuum to improve provider and plan relationships for increased engagement, improved transparency, and higher Star Ratings.
- Bridge the data divide by creating an efficient channel for member insights
- Identify and correlate the next best action to proactively engage members with gaps-in-care
- Foster collaboration to maximize value-based incentive transparency
Director, Medicare Clinical Operations
Amazon’s Alexa presents an opportunity for health plans to reach members anytime with answers and information about benefits, deductibles, as well as urgent care locations.
- Examine how to implement Alexa and leverage agile processes for everyday use
- Understand the barriers presented by HIPAA compliance and security concerns
- Explore the future of conversational A.I., natural language processing, voice technology, and omni-channel engagement platforms in delivering superior experience and providing substantial cost-efficiencies
Head of Digital Experience
Chief Strategy Officer
Tufts Health Plan decided to incentivize members to visit high-quality, low cost providers when they learned that over 80% of searches for doctors resulted in shopping opportunities. Discover how the MyRewards program was developed to drive savings for members, employer groups, and Tufts.
- Generate goals for health care financial savings, improved member experience, effective marketing and communications when launching a rewards program
- Outline the benefits of an integrated shopping platform where rewards are coupled with provider search and cost estimates versus a siloed experience
- Examine the operational lessons learned including needs for data, employer reporting, and other resources to get started
Vice President, Marketing, Product Strategy, and Administration, Commercial Markets
Tufts Health Plan
Vice President, Products
Utilize member experience mapping tools, methodologies, and processes to discover insights about how members interact with products, services, and brand. Understanding members’ experiences with mapping will reduce friction points and provide knowledge for designing products and services that best meet member needs.
- Explore the tools needed to map, document, and measure behavior across the entire user experience
- Examine the importance of recognizing member touchpoints that influence how and when a member engages
Manager, Experience Design
UPMC Health Plan
Senior Director, Marketplace and CHIP Operations
UPMC Health Plan