Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
As plans establish community partnerships to address social determinants of health, they must overcome the challenge of working with different types of providers that may be unfamiliar with health care – including those focused on housing. Discuss how to leverage local partnerships and work within the guardrails of the Medicaid program to establish housing models that translate to quantitative health care results.
- Build the case for investing in community partnerships by determining a plan for reimbursement, evaluation, and ROI
- Implement strategies for data sharing and funding that encompass a whole-person approach
- Discuss how to overcome challenges of working with service providers outside the traditional scope of health care
Vice President for Medicaid Policy & Director of Strategic Operations
Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Partners in Care Foundation
CMS has recently focused on interoperability as a key component to achieving value-based care. As plans, states, and providers look to more seamlessly share information to achieve population health goals and quality outcomes, these changes must in turn integrate with workflow demands as well as exchange of information with patients. Hear the status of one pilot program that explores a path forward for state-level information systems.
- Review the barriers and achievements toward the integration of various data sources and what platforms are currently being piloted
- Consider how to design platforms for data exchange that result in a positive patient experience and promote engagement with immunizations
- Hear how similar use cases may be built around a centralized hub and include standards that focus on quality measures
Director, Public Health Innovation
Office of the Chief Technology Officer
Enabling older adults and individuals with disabilities to live in the setting of their choosing is an integral part of State expectations and personcentered planning for managed care organizations. Various pathways exist to reach State goals around rebalancing, as health plans support members to transition from institutional to community settings.
- Understand the landscape of Money Follows the Person and other resources to support the process
- Consider the big picture of rebalancing such as increased access to services, independence, quality of life, and improved health outcomes
- Learn how Centene’s philosophy for transitions is operationalized and impacts are identified
Director, Market Development - Complex Care
Through advances in technology that enable more detailed tracking and recording of a person’s health data, plans can better understand how conditions change over time, as well as pinpoint certain events that impact health. Learn how to better use technology to support patient care and member engagement through a personalized and person-centered approach.
- Understand the key elements of a system needed to manage complex populations
- Identify how managed care organizations are using various technologies to better engage members with chronic, co-morbid conditions
- Apply technology to health risk assessments and care plan assessments to create a more individualized approach to care
President and Chief Executive Officer
i2i Population Health
Many states are using or considering using waivers to change how Medicaid is delivered, including through waivers that expand or streamline coverage, as well as through new waivers that restrict eligibility to Medicaid, such as taking coverage away from people who don’t meet community engagement or work requirements. In this session, we will evaluate the goals, impact, and status of these initiatives to see what states may be looking to do next.
- Hear an update on work requirements – who is using them and the impact they’re having
- Consider the infrastructure needed to implement different waivers
- Discuss the value of different Medicaid waivers for the state and Medicaid beneficiaries
Evaluate the changing landscape of VA Health Care, and consider ways the VA can learn from other government healthcare purchasers and they can learn from VA.
Principal and Founder
Riverstone Health Advisors
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia