Physician relations are directly impacted by regional and national market dynamics. Mergers, care model changes to include health determinants, the shift to population health, new policies, and new entrants into the healthcare ecosystem, all affect the strategy of network management. During this interactive Keynote, hear about the imperatives for success in today’s health care landscape, organizations’ goals towards population health management, how health systems are thinking about health determinants, and the macro-economic view of owning the patient relationship, then engage in conversation about how this impacts your strategic role in your organization.
Executive Director, CIN and Population Health
Valley Health System
A strong, personalized on-boarding initiative creates better, longer-lasting relationships with physicians. With increased satisfaction, you’ll also achieve better retention.
- Use concierge on-boarding to coordinate employee health services, security clearance, medical staff credentialing, and provider enrollment credentialing
- Explore physician satisfaction surveys to formulate goals and improvements
Assistant Vice President, Physician Recruitment
A key aspect of getting in touch with a physician is learning how to best navigate their office. Collaborate with peers on strategies that can help you build report with physician offices and cultivate new relationships with physicians.
- Learn how to engage not only the physician but their entire office and utilize the office staff in the referral process
- Identify the person in the office who will be able to assist you in getting time with the physician
The primary goal of physician liaisons is to build trusting relationships with physicians, but this can be difficult if faced with one whose opinions or ideals differ from the organization whose mission you represent.
- Compare best practices on developing relationships to engage physicians
- Strategize ways to work with physicians who are not currently aligned or engaged with your organization
Executive Vice President, President, Physician Network
Physician liaisons may find themselves reporting under the marketing department, business development department, and even the strategy department. Share your organizational structure with your peers and how you measure your work and results.
- Examine the Pros and Cons of reporting to your designated department
- Learn from your peers on what department structure has been the most successful at their organization
- Share tools and reports you use to measure results and success of your department
- Discuss the many roles physician liaisons play at your organization
Vice President, Physician Recruitment and Relations
Marshfield Clinic Health System
As the field of physicians shrinks and current physicians become busier, managing your existing relationships is a valuable asset. Learn how to manage your physician relationships most effectively and enhance your communication skills.
- Re-evaluate who on your contact list is getting the most face time and why
- Discuss the art of listening and how to use facilitative communication skills to aid your physician approach
- Become the quarterback of your health system for individual physician/provider relationships with emphasis on issue resolution
Hear from a team that has mastered the collaboration between data and physician relations. Learn how data can impact your referrals, advise where you target outreach, and make your physician liaisons team more effective.
- Focus efforts on utilizing internal and external referral data to create an action plan for physician liaisons out in the field
- Utilize available data and analytic capabilities to demonstrate ROI
- Examine the referral data in comparison to the competition
Senior Data Analyst
United Urology Group
Director, Physician Liaisons
United Urology Group
Building growth opportunities for physician liaisons will keep hard working and dedicated employees at your organization. Set employees up for success with an obtainable career path.
- Create benchmarks and seniority levels for physician liaisons’ career development
- Discuss how to create new opportunities for your team members to expand their skills