World Congress Patient Declaration
Over the last several years, value based health care has transformed the thinking of our industry from a focus on products, to a focus on cost savings, quality, and patient outcomes. As conference organizers, we have the privilege of working with senior leaders from across the healthcare and pharma industry and assume a responsibility in moving the industry forward in patient centricity and value based care.
In order to improve patient health outcomes, the pharma industry has turned to taking a patient centered approach to new models of patient engagement. However, as we continue to define patient centricity, we must bring in the patient voice from early in research and development through to commercialization. This will entail a heightened understanding of the patient journey and individual patient needs to design new services and transform our business model in a way that improves patients’ lives. As a partner to the industry, we are dedicated to ensure the patient voice is heard and incorporated throughout the entire product lifecycle.
We strive to fulfill the five Patients Included charter clauses in the following ways:
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Patients and caregivers were invited to participate in the research and development of the patient congress 4 track agenda. We additionally work with senior leaders from patient advocacy groups, health systems, and patient leaders to incorporate the patient voice throughout our entire agenda.
- Patients are invited to join our keynote speaker faculty, as well as the speaker faculty for each of the Patient Congress tracks. All patients who participate are invited to share their patient journey and insight into how healthcare stakeholders can improve the patient experience across the entire continuum of care. Our patient congress also features a patient reaction panel which allows for patients to share their insights across various sessions on our agenda.
- In partnership with Wego Health, World Congress hosts the patient awards dinner which awards patient leaders who raise awareness, share information, and support their communities. With 16 award categories, the WEGO Health Awards are the only awards across all conditions and platforms.
- World Congress offers patient scholarships in advance to patients/caregivers on the speaking faculty who qualify for expense coverage for travel and participation in the conference. World congress has allocated a budget to cover the registration, travel and accommodation expenses to ensure that patients are able to benefit from the information at the event. There is also a reduced registration fee for all patient advocacy groups and advocates. We additionally offer patient scholarships to cover the registration fee for patient leaders who would like to attend the event.
- Apply for our Patient Scholarship!
- World Congress chooses our conference locations that meet the disability requirements of participants. The patient congress provides disability accommodations on site.
- We provide access to conference materials and slides to patients who are unable to attend in person.
We are proud to partner with the industry to improve patient experiences create and foster alliances between stakeholders to improve patient health outcomes. As we build out our 2018 portfolio we are dedicated to bringing value to the industry.
The World Congress Team