Live Chat Software
Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Forum
Connect with in-house counsel to delve into the nuances of patent law for the life sciences at all stages of innovation. Over the course of two days, thought leaders will engage in intensive discussion around the current patent challenges for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostics:
- Hear updates on the latest developments in patent law and enforcement in the U.S. and abroad
- Design a strong patent strategy to foster innovation and protect new therapies
- Identify the impact of IP on drug pricing and market access
- Navigate the uncertainty left by Sequenom and Mayo
- Discuss the impact of the CRISPR-Cas9 Interference on a company’s determination to license new technologies
- Determine appropriate responses to IPR activity in light of Cuozzo
- Explore the implications of Life Technologies v. Promega
- Consider what's in store for life sciences’ IP, pricing, and regulation under the Trump Administration
BALANCE PATENT TIMELINES WITH RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS DURING COLLABORATION IN EARLY DRUG DEVELOPMENT
The 21st Century Cures Act funding the “Cancer Moonshot” is an extension of a growing trend of collaboration in drug development; however, there remain operational gaps between commercial pharma, research universities, government funded groups, and hospitals. Coordination of timelines and priorities, and ensuring that differing goals and cultural approaches are factored into the collaboration plan, is imperative to ensure successful IP protection and data exclusivity, as well as to promote innovation.
- Determine best practices for navigating the pitfalls that should be avoided to promote efficient collaboration and mutual benefit for all parties
- Clarify ownership of information, publication expectations, and early discovery
- Consider the defined scope of the collaboration and address the protection of trade secrets in advance
- Identify ways to preserve innovation and structure agreements in a way to support scientists while preserving the institution’s rights to, and control over, the research and resulting publications
- Briefly consider globalization issues that may impact the rights associated with the research results
Call for Papers: Submit an Abstract for Presentations
The Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Forum is now accepting abstract submissions for 2017!
The deadline is January 6, 2017 Click here for details.
About World Congress
World Congress offers unique conferences and events in health care, life sciences and pharmaceutical that are unmatched by any other organizer. Through our educationally focused events, we convene CEOs and senior-level executives from all segments of the health care and life sciences industries to exchange ideas, discuss market trends, and explore solutions to the most pressing challenges facing a variety of roles within these organizations.
World Congress © 2017 | All Rights Reserved