Strategic Market Insight opportunities are available on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Please contact Bernie Weiss (Bernie.Weiss@worldcongress.com | 781-939-2502) to discuss opportunities.
Monday, April 30, 2018 • 10:45 AM- 11:30 AM
Reduce System Costs and Streamline Patient Care with Targeted Testing that Integrates Molecular Markers
- Understand the benefits of integrating Molecular Markers into a cost-effective and comprehensive evaluation of thyroid nodules
- Overcome clinical challenges including “indeterminate” results for more streamlined testing and patient care
- Understand evidence supporting the use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) markers applied to indeterminate thyroid cytology
- Identify which patients are a match for this testing and understand the impact on clinical management and outcomes
- Understand the cost-effectiveness of NGS applied to thyroid nodule evaluation
Director of Strategic Markets
CBLPath, a SONIC Healthcare Company
Moffitt Cancer Center
Make More of Every Pharmacy Dollar: Harness Analytics to Increase Affordability, Medication Adherence, and Your Bottom-Line
- Understand how lowering prescription costs for consumers creates a significant savings opportunity for health plans and employers
- Explore case study implementation and savings results
- Understand analytics that simplify pharmacy choices and make costly medication regimens affordable
- How does the tool integrate with your existing programs?
- Provide real-time, cost-saving choices to members and employees
- Customize according to benefit plan; stay in plan, consider tier
- Explore the impact on member and employee behavior
Chief Executive Officer
Rx Savings Solutions
Chief Medical Officer
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
Succeeding in the Medicare Advantage (MA) Market
- The growing Medicare Advantage opportunity for US health systems and health plans
- Why US health systems are entering the market at an unprecedented rate
- The challenges of winning in MA
- Key capabilities necessary to succeed
- Options for entering the MA marke
Director, Business Development
Adopt an Integrated Approach to Manage High-Cost Medical Specialty Drug Spend
- Discuss strategies to reduce and control specialty drug costs
- Ensure safe use of specialty drugs
- Align dispensing quantity with FDA-approved dosage guidelines
- Implement prior authorization and step therapy to monitor drug use
- Leverage cost-effective contracts to minimize unnecessary spend
- Align medical policies with drug manufacturer requirements to maximize savings
AI & Automation: The New Imperative in Health Care
The importance of automation in health care has increased dramatically. Despite more demand for value-based care, improved patient outcomes, regulations, global competition, pricing pressure and the need for more precision medicines, the U.S. market is poised for a technology transition that will aid future business; it is already a major contributor to the growth of AI in health care. In this sessions attendees explore critical questions like:
- Where are we now and what’s next? Gain an in-depth understanding of what AI means in health care.
- How do we overcome extra challenges including regulatory barriers, interoperability with legacy hospital IT systems, and serious limitations on access to crucial medical data needed to build powerful health-focused algorithms in the first place?
- How do we move forward and make Artificial Intelligence more scalable and cost-efficient?
Vice President, Health Care
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 • 10:30 AM- 11:15 AM
Survival of the Fittest: How Payers and Employers are Mastering Challenges and Preparing for the Future
U.S. health care continues to transform radically creating both opportunities and challenges for payers and employers. Market forces are provoking organizations to develop new strategic initiatives and to reprioritize existing ones. The session unveils qualitative and quantitative findings from a national research study of payers and employers and gives insight into how organizations adapt to meet these challenges and harness new opportunities.
- Assess key market threats and challenges for payers and employers
- Adapt and innovate: Understand new programs and services developed to position organizations for success
- Current strategies and lessons learned
- Explore the rationale and progress of major organizational initiatives: What defines an organization’s response to health care changes?
- Determine survival strategy: How confident are organizations that they can adapt for long-term success? How do they see their role evolving in the marketplace?
- Invest wisely: Where will the big payoffs be in the future? How would organizations allocate investment dollars across the strategies discussed?
Executive Vice President, National Sales Director Treasury Management
PNC Healthcare; The PNC Financial Services Group
Willow Research, LLC
Connecting the Dots Between Wellness and Ancillary: An Easy Way to Draw Down Health Care Costs
- Understand how improved vision, oral, and hearing health care can impact Medicare members’ wellness, health care costs, productivity, and satisfaction
- Gain strategies for connecting wellness efforts to ancillary benefits, including educational efforts and incentives that motivate action
- Learn the "do's and don'ts" of working with ancillary benefits for maximum wellness integration and measurement
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
EPIC Hearing Healthcare
Targeted Care: How Employers Identify Future High-Cost Claimants to Drive Intervention and Maximize Savings
Managing health care costs as a self-funded employer requires constant and consistent monitoring of employee health, and not just plan design changes and cost shifts. In this session, Quest Diagnostics will share how they successfully achieved lower than benchmark increases for their 61,000 member health plan, moving from a consistent 6% upward trend through 2015 to a -1% trend in 2017.
- Understand how to identify future high-cost claimants and conditions
- Gain proactive strategies to connect members with the right care at the right time
- Prevent individuals from advancing to future high-cost conditions
- Discuss expected outcomes from interventions
- Learn how to evaluate programs within your own population
Director, Marketing and Senior Health & Well-being Strategist
Director, Health and Wellness, Healthcare Management
Analytics Case Study: Improve Outcomes with an End-to-End View of a Patient
- Technology considerations for integrated clinical management
- Population health strategy to identify and manage behavior
- Leveraging the right data to inform clinical decision-making
- Exploration of a payer clinical management case study
- Key challenges, leadership approach, and redefining goals
- Partnership development and results to-date
- What does success look like?
Director, Field Medical Strategy
Plan Product President
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 • 10:10 AM- 11:00 AM
Break Down Barriers with a Clinically-Integrated, Untethered App Linking Patients and Providers
- Explore an app that integrates data with your EMRs for a seamless clinical workflow
- Access patient Personal Health Record (PHR) data within seconds, safely and securely
- Translation capabilities enhance communication between patients and providers
- Improve compliance, accuracy, patient wait time and intake experience
- Hear about results: How are consumers, providers and EMR systems using the app now?
Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder