Social Determinants of Health Track
Industry-Community Partnerships • Data Analytics • ROI and Outcomes Measurement
The Inaugural Social Determinants of Health Track at the World Health Care Congress convenes professionals from payer, provider, community, and policy organizations to discuss how to partner to address the “non-medical” factors that impact an individual’s health. Mitigating socioeconomic factors – housing, unemployment, mental health issues, substance abuse, etc. – demands a holistic view of a member or patient, and the purposeful design and coordination of services that wrap around them. Faculty and attendees discuss the business case for investing in social determinants. Join us to explore cross-sector initiatives to break down socioeconomic barriers and measure the impact on outcomes, health care cost including Medicaid spend, payer quality measures, ER use, readmissions, and more.
Call to Action: Collaborate and Mitigate Social Determinants of Health to Improve U.S. Health Care
- Cross-sector views of persistent and systemic challenges in U.S. health care and how those trickle down and impact individuals
- Opportunities for business leaders from payer, employer, pharma, and other stakeholder groups to collaborate and realize better outcomes
- Barriers to aligning incentives around determinants of health
- Innovation from beyond our borders – replicable examples of excellence
Current Board of Director and Former Chairman;
National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS);
Chief Operating Officer, H-E-B
Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
Distinguished Speakers Include:
Current Board of Director and Former Chairman National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS);
Chief Operating Officer
Medical Director, The National Council for Behavioral Health; Distinguished Research Professor of Science, Missouri Institute of Mental Health, University of Missouri; Former Director, Missouri Medicaid
The World Congress was an amazing collection of thought leaders and front line leaders in health care. All were very generous and open with their opinions and insight and I highly recommend this conference.
A great collection of thought leaders and active innovators in the health care industry coming together to exchange ideas - not always agree but learn and develop for the betterment of patient care and management.
Amazing knowledge from presenters. Great passion. Very much gave the feelings of hope even when addressing the realities of our current system.
Featured Pre-Conference Workshop on Sunday, April 29, 2018
Leadership MasterClass: Launch, Lead, and Realize Value from Change Initiatives
*Space is limited. This workshop ends at 4 pm.
This case-based MasterClass explores the drama and trauma of daily management, including resistance to change. Discuss critical success factors that transform professionals into more effective leaders, who in turn distinguish their organizations as industry frontrunners. Understand pre-conditions for higher productivity and performance – more speed and lower cost – based on theory and practical examples. A unique highlight of the workshop is a case discussion about healthier leadership and our responsibilities to ourselves, to others, and to our change initiatives.
- Engage in a provocative case discussion that challenges participants’ decision-making process
- Explore several enablers that transform individuals into leaders who create a unique and adaptable competitive advantage
- Understand the tie-in between these pre-conditions for change and the ability to successfully launch, lead, and realize value from change initiatives.
Faculty, Harvard University; Former Associate Dean
Harvard University School of Public Health
Distinguished Professor of Innovation and Change
Tianjin University of Finance and Economics (China)