Pop Health Analytics
Predictive Analytics • Actionable Insights • Culture Built on Data and Outcomes
To successfully manage risk-based care, organizations must develop competencies and capabilities in the areas of patient experience, clinical outcomes, population health management, and financial accountability. Integrating and mining clinical, financial, and outcomes data to gain actionable insights to prevent readmissions, reduce costs, and improve overall patient care is critical.
The 15th Annual Population Health Analytics Track at WHCC convenes health plan and provider executives to discuss strategies to optimize technology and analytics in a population health approach – improving the quality and reducing the cost of health care. Attendees gain insight into how leading organizations leverage technology tools to forecast and analyze their populations’ most pressing needs so that care can be delivered at the right time and in the right place.
Predictive Analytics Use Cases: Identify, Stratify, Manage, and Intervene with Rising Risk Patients
- How do you develop the capabilities to lead in this area?
- What is the best algorithm/model? Which data are useful or negligible?
- How can you help clinicians better understand data and why metrics are valuable indicators?
- What are the right processes to implement so a patient’s predictive score can be worked out as early as possible?
- What strategies should you implement for your highest-risk versus rising risk patients?
Chief Analytics Officer
Chief Analytics Officer
UPMC Health Plan & UPMC Enterprises
Distinguished Speakers Include:
Vice Chairman of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital; Chief Data Science Officer, Departments of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital
Director, Collaborative Research, Health Services; Sanford Health; Assistant Scientist, Population Health, Sanford Research; Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota
Collaborative Scientist, Biomedical Analytics and Computational Engineering Lab
Chief Digital Officer, GE Healthcare; President and Chief Executive Officer
GE Healthcare Digital
Assistant Medical Director and Chief Health Information Officer
Kaiser Permanente Southern California
Associate Enterprise Chief Medical Information Officer, Department of Medical Informatics & Data Science
WHCC is a ‘can’t miss’ event for those seeking an in-depth understanding of where the industry is headed; The thought leadership, networking, and content is unparalleled
Featured Pre-Conference Workshop on Sunday, April 29, 2018
Leadership MasterClass: Launch, Lead, and Realize Value from Change Initiatives
*Space is limited. This workshop ends at 4 pm.
This case-based MasterClass explores the drama and trauma of daily management, including resistance to change. Discuss critical success factors that transform professionals into more effective leaders, who in turn distinguish their organizations as industry frontrunners. Understand pre-conditions for higher productivity and performance – more speed and lower cost – based on theory and practical examples. A unique highlight of the workshop is a case discussion about healthier leadership and our responsibilities to ourselves, to others, and to our change initiatives.
- Engage in a provocative case discussion that challenges participants’ decision-making process
- Explore several enablers that transform individuals into leaders who create a unique and adaptable competitive advantage
- Understand the tie-in between these pre-conditions for change and the ability to successfully launch, lead, and realize value from change initiatives.
Faculty, Harvard University; Former Associate Dean
Harvard University School of Public Health
Distinguished Professor of Innovation and Change
Tianjin University of Finance and Economics (China)