Advance Value-Based Initiatives, Improve Quality, and Coordinate Complex Care Needs
As Oncology Care Management moves toward value-based strategies, it is imperative for payers and providers to work together to improve care and manage costs of cancer care. That is why, for 2017, we are expanding the content of The Oncology Management Summit to offer insights and strategies for both Health Plan and Care Provider executives to help them success in improving oncology care for patients while lowering costs.
2 Concurrent Tracks
For Health Plans
The 3rd Annual Oncology Management Summit—Health Plan Track will explore the use of value-based payments, pathways, and quality measures to manage costs in the delivery of cancer care. Over a year into the implementation of CMS’ Oncology Care Model, health plans and providers are gathering data on value-based payments and quality measures to see what’s effective in managing costs and delivering quality care in oncology. This summit helps payers evaluate the evolving value-based oncology landscape, understand their options for partnering with other organizations to utilize pathways and manage risk, and determine how to comply with CMS guidelines and provide quality care to their patients.
For Care Providers
The 3rd Annual Oncology Management Summit—Care Provider Track brings together hospital, health system, and cancer center leaders to share and expand knowledge as it pertains to care coordination in the oncology specialty. As the oncology field expands and evolves, care coordination on the inpatient and outpatient side has never been more vital to improving outcomes, reducing costs, and ensuring the best possible patient experience. Join us to develop new strategies to best serve patients achieve maximum efficiency in your system’s care pathways.
NEW FOR 2017:
- Develop a clinical culture that emphasizes holistic care management from initial diagnosis through discharge and survivorship
- Incorporate high-quality pathway recommendations into various care models
- Consider how payers are using the OCM to advance value-based care as a whole
- Share innovative models of oncology care and the reimbursement approaches being taken
- Discuss the ways payers and providers are coordinating case management efforts to keep oncology patients out of the emergency room
- Evaluate quality metrics and timely data that have a meaningful impact on patient care
National Medical Director, Oncology
2017 Featured Speaking Faculty
Director, Population Health and Outcomes Research Core, Clinical & Translational Science Collaborative
Case Western Reserve University
Principal Investigator, Oncology Care Model, Summa Health
Medical Director, Oncology Process Improvement, Summa Health System
Associate Professor of Medicine, NEOMED