FastFive – October 2017
Piers Dooley, CMP, CMM
Event Management Department
1. What was your favorite professional achievement of 2016/2017?
Attending the CMM Class in Lake Tahoe. It was a great class with some wonderful classmates.
2. What story in our industry impacted you the most in 2016/2017 and why?
The Presidential Election. Enough said!
3. Who was a mentor for you and what is a bit of their advice/instruction you often refer to?
Randy Hewitt from the Westin Hotel, Copley Place, Boston. He told me to "make everyone feel important", and made doing so look easy.
4. What are your top 3 favorite cities to visit and why?
Istanbul, London and Rome - all are a beautiful, eclectic mix of the old and new that are great walking cities with amazing food.
5. What does your “get it done” play list look like?
Damien Rice and Joseph Locke - two Irish singers from different centuries.
Piers Dooley has over 25 years of event operations and meeting planning experience with the Royal Airforce Club in London, U.K., Westin Hotels, Marriott International and Boston College.
Piers’ experience in the hotel industry includes using a collaborative approach to increase key analytics including profitability, customer satisfaction and sales retention. Piers has led teams of up to 300 while planning events ranging from dinners for the British Royal Family to Boston College Football Games.
Piers studied Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management at Brighton University in the UK, takes classes at Boston Collegeand has earned the Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM), an MBA-level executive education for meeting professionals.