*There is a 30 minute coffee and networking break from 2:45 - 3:15 PM
In November 2017, CMS outlined its vision for Medicaid and announced proposed reforms to streamline and modernize the program. Hear how state and MCO efforts will evolve under the current administration, and discuss what to expect from the Managed Care Rule and CMS initiatives in the coming year.
Discuss the Managed Care Rule Highlights Most Important to Consider for 2018
- Review the provisions in effect as of February 2018 and what will be coming this year
- Explore how to adjust your strategy to meet the goals of current as well as upcoming implementation requirements and dates
- Discuss the future of Medicaid under current health care reform efforts and what changes may pose compliance challenges for your plan or system
Identify Next Steps to Address New CMS Medicaid Initiatives
- Review how state flexibility for program design will impact health plans and beneficiary health outcomes
- Consider the implications of a fast-tracked waiver approval process and extended waiver approval periods
- Outline the potential of Medicaid and CHIP scorecards to increase transparency and accountability in Medicaid, and discuss how this may impact MCO and state contracts and relationships
- Discuss the future of alternative payment models (APMs) in Medicaid
Navigant Consulting, Inc.